Thursday, June 28, 2012

Europe and Failure

Dear Anonymous,
As always, thanks.
Now, just to be clear, I support the banks of the world or Europe just as I support the governments -- only as long as they do their job, stay solvent and stay out of my private life if I'm not hurting anyone.
I don't expect either the Euro or Europe to collapse, because Germany will lose more than the rest of the member states if that happens. But, Germany wants a rational process and the rest of Europe is anything but rational. There's the rub, to quote the Bard. And, that's how they all got into the mess they're in now.
And, if Europe goes belly up, the rest of us will suffer, too.
Maybe in a rational world we could let the market do its job, but are we really prepared for another GREAT Depression, or wars all over the planet, or worse, anarchy -- because today's pampered and spineless human beings are likely to lose all sense of decorum and brotherhood in such a crisis and become the first real generation of Mad Maxes.
That's my worry...and what is yours? TKS
Casey Pops

1 comment:

  1. Right on 99%. I could let it go at that but won't.
    To Me that sounds like a strange position from Bard. But then I don't live in Europe so I may not fully understand their positions over the long haul.

    NO we as a whole are not ready for another Great Depression, wars, or your right anarchy. But you Mad Maxes is right on to what would probably happen. I sometimes forget or don't understand people NOT being able to survive the aforementioned situations. Years ago my grandfather told me he didn't think the world could ever survive another great depression; I was very young then.

    Sometimes I forget that everyone has not been trained or ready to accept the rigors of a life without comforts like we have in the US in abundance these days.

    My worry, my worry would be for the children that would never get the opportunities that we had and scoundrel away with an attitude that- "I don't want to get involved", "I'm just one person, what difference can I make", etc., etc. Maybe, and only maybe the time has come to reconsider those views in the light of the mess that we have on our hand which just got a whole lot worst today.

    My worry is that I'm not leaving the world to our children that is better than I received from my grandparents.

    Bravo for calling a spade a spade.

    ReplyDelete