Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Dear Reader Anonymous

You are certainly welcome. Deb is, too, and you are probably right about her time crunch. Maybe you will coax her out more.
I'm also quite conservative, but I do not believe in mixing religion with politics - morality, yes because it makes sense of policy; religion, never.
And often we lawyers use too many words in trying to be exact. Hope you can put up with it. I try my best.
The baptism was really a good occasion for the family - thanks for asking.
I've been around the other world a good bit myself, and I know how lucky we are and how easy it woudl be to toss it all away for a smooth smile and voice. That's the danger of democracies, that they implode from lack of effort to keep them inflated.
I've tried ot get my essays published but most publishers are so leftist that they disagree with my ideas and say, sorry. I haven't given up, though.
Anyway, have a terrific day and send us your next input. We're all waiting.
Casey Pops

2 comments:

  1. I have never communicated with Deb. But if she reads this I would encourage her to keep participating with what ever time she has Hope she doesn't take objection to us "evaluating" her on line like this.

    From your past postings there is NO DOUBT that you are very conservative, which is nothing to ever be apologetic about.

    It's not the amount of words that lawyers use ;it's the verbiage at time. I call a vile person, idea, or movement just that vile. A good lawyer (like I'd bet you are/were) would dig deep into the King's English and make the vileness(? is that a word) seem more palatable.And sometimes that makes me question the commitment of the author thought. Wrong I know, but old habits are hard if not impossible to alter. Bottom line is that your style is excellent, your thought process is great. My degrees weren't based on language. And the foreign languages I speak are conversational only. I love reading text of the Greek and old English political philosophers. Your writing has that same continuity and cleverness.

    Publishers are leftest - NO. It's surprising that anyone on the right at all can ever get a book to press. Add to that the stranglehold that the left has on Newspapers and TV it's demoralizing. I wish you luck in getting published, even with a "small" press. I think it would sell to us conservatives.

    I can't wait for the posting today. I wonder why you haven't touched the Arizona high ourt decision yet. Tomorrow's verdict on Obama healthcare should be most interesting. If it's turned down Obama will be void of any substantive action in his first (and hopefully his last) term. Me I think it's 6 - 3 aganist his Healthcare take over.

    Have a good day. And thank you all your time and effort that you put into your postings. I'm sure they're enjoyed by many.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm used to evaluation you two!!!

    ReplyDelete