Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Kayla Mueller. Age 26. Rest in Peace.

"Her voice was ever soft, gentle and low, an excellent thing in a woman..." ___King Lear, at the death of his beloved daughter, Cordelia. ~~~~~ And here are Kayla's words to her family..."If you could say I have “suffered” at all throughout this whole experience it is only n knowing how much suffering I have put you all through; I will never ask you to forgive me as I do not deserve forgiveness. I remember mom always telling me that all in all in the end the only one you really have is God. I have come to a place in experience where, in every sense of the word, I have surrendered myself to our creator b/c iterally there was no else….+ by God + by your prayers I have felt tenderly cradled in freefall. I have been shown in darkness, light + have earned that even in prison, one can be free. I am grateful. I have come to see that there s good in every situation, sometimes we just have to look for it. I pray each each day that if nothing else, you have felt a certain closeness + surrender to God as well + have formed a bond of love + support amongst one another..."

2 comments:

  1. America and its allies must share the blame for Kayla’s fate. The Saudis and Qataris who have fueled Jihadist ideology and funded Jihad in Syria, Turkey and Jordan who have provided bases for Jihadist fighters, and the Americans, British and French who provide training and weapons to those wreaking havoc in Syria. All have Kayla’s blood and the blood of tens of thousands of Syrians on their hands.

    Idealism dies hard, but no harder than when reality intrudes.

    ReplyDelete